Sunday, October 27, 2013

Witch's Poisoned Apple and Poison Spell Book Props

For this year's Halloween my wife and I wanted to decorate our house like the Evil Queen's lair from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. After doing some research, we wanted to make our own props from the movie. First I made the Witch's Poisoned apple using an artificial apple and some sculpey.

 I really wanted to get that dripping effect.
 Then we made the Evil Queen's poison book with the apple spell. The book was from a used bookstore and the page I designed in photoshop referencing the book from the movie. Then to give it the weathered and aged look, we dipped it in coffee and tore it a bit. We bought potion bottles  at a craft store and filled them with green and red dish soap.



Next year we hope to add a few more elements to this display

5 comments:

  1. Do you have a PDF of the spell page?

    ReplyDelete
  2. DO you have a PDF of the Poison apple page?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. shoot me an e-mail and I can send you the file.

      Delete
    2. Can you please send me a pdf of the apple as well I need it for my nieces costume.

      Delete
  3. could you send me the PDF spell page? xombieboy87@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete